Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday

Here I sit all alone today. I could have gone with Terry but I decided not to. He went over to watch one of our grandsons play basketball in the city (Cincinnati) finals and then afterwards he's going to help our son with his basement. Well I didn't want to go and have my daughter in law feel like she had to entertain me all afternoon, so hence I stayed home. Our oldest grandson turns 17 today. Wow! I really don't mind staying home, as I'm reading the follow up book to "Pillars of the Earth" which is "World Without End" by Ken Follett and it's over 1000 pages and I can use a day or so of reading. I'm a slow reader so it takes me awhile to get through a book that thick. It's so heavy too. I weighed the book and it weighs almost 4 lbs. I get tired holding it, so I prop it on a pillow most of the time. Well I'll do allot of reading today and some laundry. I'd love to go for a walk to but it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate. It looks like it's going to rain, so we shall see.

Last night we finally got to go to our church's fish fry. Seems like every Friday there's been some thing or there's been snow and we haven't been able to go. Well last night we planed it out and we got our daughter's family together and we all went up to the church's last fish fry of the season. It was really good. We all had fun and the food was great too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your reading. I am in one of those not reading modes. Hope I get the urge to read again soon.