Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday May 27th My Garden


Here's a picture of my little garden, or as I call it my little piece of heaven. It's mostly perennials but then I or we add some annuals each year to fill in. The peony's are over 50 years old and were brought with us from every house we lived in and originally came from Terry's Mom's house. Right now the peony's are just starting to bloom in the back of the garden and the iris are just about finished and the dutch iris are still blooming. The daffodil's bloomed earlier in the spring and the every blooming roses are just starting to bloom and then I have day-lilies that will bloom all summer too as will the red petunia's that we planted so we will have color all season. We also have a clematis climbing the fence that hasn't bloomed yet. Then I have 2 mums in there for the fall also, so there is color for every season. It's not very big, but it's just enough for me to take care of and Terry helps. This picture isn't very bright either so you can't see too well.

We had a very nice Memorial Day weekend. Terry and I relaxed on the patio and did a lot of reading over the weekend and Patti and family came over on Sunday for dinner and then on Monday we went over Michael's home for dinner and spent a nice evening out on their patio with his family, so we got to see both families over the holiday which made it very nice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your little piece of heaven. How nice it looks.

Yobeeone said...

What a beautiful corner! I love it!