Monday, April 28, 2008

We had a very nice weekend even though we spent Saturday morning in the hospital while our grandson had surgery on his back. The surgery went well, and they put a bracket and some screws on his vertebra to stabilize it where it was cracked. We stayed till he came out of surgery and was sent up to his room and we knew he was fine. He's doing pretty good and will probably come home today. He's still in pretty much pain but I think that is to be expected. I just hate that for him, to have to be going through this at only 16 years old, to be having back problems so young. The next surgery he has to have in November will be even harder on him. My heart just goes out to him.

Sunday we went to a baseball game. We even took Winnie along. I think she enjoyed her outing. I just about froze to death and I even had on long sleeves and a light weight jacket but it got so windy out and it got really chilly. We did enjoy the game though. On the way home we stopped and got some Chinese food at our favorite place. It was good. Then we went home and I got all nice and warm in my pj's and watched TV and read for the rest of the night.

Today I'm making meat balls and spaghetti for dinner, which we might take some of it over to our Grandson Alex who had the surgery because he just loves my meat ball & spaghetti. Whenever he comes over that's what he always asks for, for dinner, so I'm sure he'd love it if we brought him some. Well I need to get off here and get something to eat. Hugs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi So glad the surgery went well for your grandson. Sounds like you and Terry are doing well too.

Yobeeone said...

ooohhhhh I should have never read your blog post. I love spaghetti and meatballs! Of course, being vegetarian I make veggie balls, but they're still good. :]

That's sad about your grandson. That's just way too young to go through this crud. Glad his surgery went well though. That's a relief. He should have a speedy recovery.